Friday 10 February 2012

Welcome students to our blog!

The idea of this blog came to me during the Christmas holidays.
I asked Santa Claus to bring me a Language Centre where I could meet all my students. Instead, he brought me a lovely top and a great pair of boots! I was in Italy, what else could I have expected?
As nice as my presents were, I thought that, if I cannot meet all my students in person, maybe I could meet them virtually! And the idea of a Foreign Languages Centre blog came to me.

What can we ‘blog’ about?
Well, here are a few suggestions:
1. We might tell other students at the language centre that we are going to watch a foreign film and see if others want to join us.
2. We might tell other students that we went to see a foreign film and that we liked it and see if others agree with us.
3. We might want to try a new
French/Greek/German/Italian/Japanese/Chinese/Portuguese/Russian/Spanish/
Middle Eastern restaurant and see if some fellow linguists want to join us.
4. We might want to tell other students about a great book we have read in a foreign language and how wonderful we feel about it!
5. We might want to share some tips about finding our course books (some are very difficult to find!) to other students.
6. We might want to share some articles we have just read that might be of interest to other linguists.
What other topics for a blog can you think of?

Please, do join in…I would hate to be the only blogger and it will be WONDERFUL if friendships can be created thanks to a foreign language course!
Ciao a tutti,
Isabella Stefanutti
(Course Director, Foreign Languages Centre)

20 comments:

  1. I think this blog is a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear with me this is the first time I have used a blog. A first time for everything so I will watch to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Phil I think you were great! And this is my first time as a blogger too, so we'll learn together! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea it's great to keep in touch and chat with fellow language learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any other Italian or French learners out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually tried learning Italian because it sounds easy... although I must accept that I like how it sounds.

      Delete
  5. Hi all

    Just wanted to spread the word, I am a fully qualified teacher of French and Italian - and have taught up to gcse level in schools and to adults. I am available for private tuition so maybe if you fancy a bit of extra help or even know of other persons, friends or family who might be interested please let me know - I am also available for extra tuition for KS3 and KS4 children too. I am based near Trowbridge. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, first blog for me, I'm learning Italian in
    Bath. Always interested in other folks methods for learning.
    Have been watching Inspector Maltabano (Italian with English subtitles) started Saturday BBC4. Last episode on Iplayer at the moment. On for a few more weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Avril ! is it a good programme to watch?

      Delete
    2. Yes. A bit dated mentions lire but I believe a type of soap that has been running many years? The Italian is clear and the main character very watchable! Also humorous.

      Delete
    3. ah ok perhaps I will set my recorder to record it. Which class are you in ?

      Delete
  7. At the YMCA Bath with Maria Asunta. By the way it is obviously not 0342 am the clock would appear to be wrong. Where are you learning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Avril sono io Julie nella stessa classe :0) x

      Delete
  8. Ho penso che forse, ma non era sicura. Ha ha. Ci vediamo prosimmo settimane. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just discovered that if you have sky it has the ability to broadcast Euronews (channel 508) in any European language. All you have to do is go to settings, in sky, and select your language as the default, in my case German. As every other programme is broadcast in English it does not affect any other channels but when you go to Euronews the speech is in your chosen language but the captions underneath are still in English. Be aware the adverts are still broadcast in English only the news will be in your language.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Just want to say I don't write these in the early morning but they are timed as if I do. I wrote the above at about 11:00.

      Delete
  11. Hi everybody, I was sent this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTO5Hwu9PmQ and ever since I have been humming it, including the minor grammar mistakes … I am sure it inspired millions of people to learn German!

    Siebetzy

    ReplyDelete